Following our screening of the documentary Resilience on March 12, 2022, we held a panel discussion with leaders from our community. Watch the video above for a recording of the panel.
The panel included:
- Hon. Steven Leifman, previously served as Special Advisor on Criminal Justice and Mental Health for the Supreme Court of Florida and is pioneering the innovative Miami Center for Mental Health and Recovery
- Ashwin Mehta, M.D., Director, Integrative Medicine at Memorial Healthcare, Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Sleep Medicine, Integrative Modalities include Mindfulness
- Daniel Sheridan, Ph.D., Clinical Director, Children’s Bereavement Center
- Kimberly S. Ho Misiaszek, Ph.D., Clinical Director of UM Institute for Individual and Family Counseling
- Valerie York-Zimmerman, CFM UMass Certified MBSR Teacher, Founder of Miami Mindfulness and Mindful Kids Miami, and a Founding Member of South Florida Mindful Communities
If you missed the event and would like to watch the documentary, you may rent it on YouTube here.